Sunday, March 30, 2008

Newsletter 3-31-08


Hello from the front lines of politics!

I have big news for the upcoming week! This Thursday, April 3rd at 3:15pm, I am holding a press conference at the Fayetteville Airport to welcome my Iraqi interpreter from Northern Iraq: Bangian Aldosakee, known as “Benny” to those of us in the coalition forces. Benny served as my interpreter in all sort of combat situations for a year while I was advising the Iraqi Army from 2006-2007. He is brave, talented, and loves America. Benny has recently legally immigrated to New York State and is coming to Southeast N.C. to campaign with me as my special guest. Benny will be here April 3rd thru the 18th and will make many appearances all over our Congressional District. I hope all of you can be at our press conference and welcome celebration for Benny on April 3rd! If you have an organization that you would like Benny to speak to, please call our scheduler at 910-409-7023. This may be the only chance in your life to meet an Iraqi Citizen visiting in our area with such a great story to tell!

What a great week I have had. I was honored by the presence of Representatives John Linder (R-GA) and Lynn Westmoreland (R-GA) at a house party fundraiser for my campaign last Friday night in Newnan, GA. The fundraiser was attended by pilots, managers and corporate officers of Airtran Airways in financial and moral support of our campaign. Rep. Linder, who also happens to be a fellow FairTax supporter, made a great point to the crowd: Mike McIntyre, our Democrat competition, is a nice guy, but his votes in Congress are NOT in keeping with the conservative values McIntyre claims to represent. Rep. Linder also made a point that if you value me bearing your burdens as a candidate campaigning 80 hours per week in order to represent you in Congress in the way you should be represented, then show you support by "writing a check!" I could not agree more. Today is the last day to give before our quarterly report deadline. Please take your credit card out and donate on our website.

This past week also found me on stage with Sen. Fred Smith and Lee Greenwood in Fayetteville. That followed an event for our campaign at the Fayetteville North Regional Library. Most of my supporters also left after our event to attend the Smith event. A very good evening!

Thursday night I was honored to speak at a fundraiser event for South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham in Spartanburg, SC.

Tuesday night saw me meeting with a group of students at the UNCW campus in Wilmington. What a great bunch of young people, all taking an active interest in politics!

Wednesday started off with a long visit on the Curtis Wright show on The Big Talker FM. Callers had several interesting questions – particularly one about what I would actually do in Washington, was I all talk about what was wrong or would I follow through with positive action. I answered that, as one of 435 members of the House I would promise to take a positive, conservative stand against increased taxes and pork barrel spending. That I would work with other like minded members of Congress and NC state officials to convince a majority to vote with us on the important issues. I am already building those “bridges” now with my contacts during the campaign with people like Representatives Linder and Westmoreland, Senators Elizabeth Dole, Richard Burr and Lindsey Graham, NC Representatives Foxx, Hayes, Myrick, and McHenry, Senator Fred Smith and Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory. By building this network now and by growing it between now and November, when I am sworn in next January as the new Congressman from the 7th District of North Carolina I will be off and running and ready to make a positive difference.

The District 7 Convention is this coming Saturday, April 5th in Bolivia. I hope to see all of you there as we confidently stride toward winning this race!!!!

Thanks


Will

PS: This battle cannot be won without your support. We are recruiting volunteers to fill out our Army’s “duty roster” but we need more and they need “materiel.” Go to aWILLtoWIN.com and sign up as a “Recruit” to become an official part of our Army and also make a generous donation to buy the “weapons” those recruits need. Your donation today of $50 will buy enough campaign handouts for a “battle” like the Wilmington Azalea Festival. Click here to make a credit card donation right now!

No comments: