Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekly Newsletter 12-03



The fight for the high ground continues on the campaign trail! This week has been busy. I had a wonderful time having a town hall meeting with students from Waccamaw Academy in Whiteville, NC. Another great thing is that at least half of the students I spoke to will be 18 (voting age) by Nov 2008 and they are overwhelmingly Republican! I would like to thank Mr. Nate Gergel, the government teacher at Waccamaw Academy for the invitation to speak and for his challenging instruction to his students. (My 15 year old daughter Darienne is one of them!)

I also ran a 6.2 mile race with Special Operations soldiers from Fort Bragg. Fort Bragg is hilly and windy which makes for a very challenging run. It brought back visions of when I was a ROTC cadet in 1989 at Fort Bragg when I was being tested by Army officers to make sure I had what it takes to be an Army Officer myself. I issued a challenge to the soldiers to run faster than me in the race. 109 of them did as it took me 48 minutes to cover the 6.2 miles. I drew the name of SSG George Traver of 7th Special Forces Group as the winner of a sightseeing flight over Fayetteville piloted by me for SSG Traver and his family at a date of his choosing. Congrats Sergeant!

Saturday, my aggressive campaign staff and I descended on Bladenboro, NC in Bladen County and St. Pauls, NC in Robeson County to participate in their Christmas parades. Our Democrat competition, Mike McIntyre, decided to sleep in instead of participating in the parades. He must be scared that I would debate his pro-illegal immigration stance with him in public. I also had a great visit with First Baptist Church of Dublin, NC this past Sunday as we worshipped our loving God together.

I want to announce another great addition to our campaign staff in the Campaign Photographer position: Nick Gore. Nick is a 16 year old Senior at Waccamaw Academy in Whiteville, NC and is a wonderfully talented photographer and campaigner. He is very informed on the issues and is a very conservative Republican. He will attend most parades and events to provide pictures for our press releases and website.

I heard from Kim Cotten, President of the Young Republicans of N.C. this week. She was happy to inform me that her organization has adopted our campaign as one of their focus races in the state because of our great prospect for success and our unlimited energy!

Finally, I am excited to announce that our Campaign Manager, Rob Boyce, personally talked to a Top Tier GOP Presidential Candidate about helping our campaign while he was in New Hampshire last week. We are working with the candidate’s staff to put together an event near the South Carolina border with our District...so stay tuned!

Have a great week and enjoy your Christmas shopping!

Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Corporations, foreign nationals without green cards, federal contractors, and minors (under 18 years of age) are prohibited from contributing.

The maximum contribution per individual is $2,300 per election. Therefore, a couple may contribute up to $4,600 per election. Multi-candidate PACs may contribute up to $5,000 per election. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to report the name, mailing address, occupation and name of employer for each individual whose contributions aggregate in excess of $200 in an election cycle
Paid for by Breazeale for Congress

No comments: