Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Newsletter 1-21-2008




Hello to you!

The incredibly busy pace of campaigning continues! The focus this week has been fundraising and healthcare.

We are in discussions with a very successful fundraising organization that has done wonders for national Republican presidential candidates.

The organization now wants to help our campaign raise the money we need. I have important meetings coming up this week with the National Republican Congressional Campaign Committee in Washington and with our new fundraising firm. Due to the large amount of money needed to win this race, I have made the decision to temporarily concentrate on fundraising events within the district. This effort will take at least the next couple of months. We have the right message and experience for this district but unless we have enough money to get the message out, we will have a hard time being successful.

I need to focus on appearances in conjunction with fundraising such as house parties and receptions. As always, if you have a concern or question for me, I am just an email away. I will ALWAYS answer your email with a phone call or email from me...NOT a staff member!

I have continued my discussions with small business owners, hospitals, doctors and the uninsured this week. It is a lot of hard work, but I am not going to stop until I find a workable solution to our healthcare needs. Rest assured, the solution will be affordable, and will keep healthcare privately run using the benefit of competition while limiting lawsuits. The solution will also be a "pay as you go" solution, which will NOT cost taxpayers additional money! I will announce my plan in a few months with a tour of the district.

I am also excited to announce that I have volunteered my services as a pilot to transport Sen. Bob Dole from Washington, DC to Brunswick County on 23 Feb for the Brunswick County GOP Fundraising dinner.

Sen. Bob Dole is excited that Iraq War Veterans like me have entered Congressional races all over the country. He knows we need as more military experience in Congress in the dangerous world! We are in discussions with him about a possible fundraising breakfast for our campaign the morning of Feb 24 in Wilmington. More to follow!

As always, we still have openings for campaign staff in most counties. We will be opening offices soon so give Rob Boyce, our Campaign Manager a call and volunteer!! Please keep the funds and the emails coming as well!

Let Freedom Ring!
Will

No comments: