Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Newsletter 2-25


Greetings, fellow lovers of Freedom!


My life has now come full circle beyond my wildest dreams. As a 20 year old college student in 1988, I was faced with a pivotal choice in my life: Would I commit to an 8 year obligation to U.S. Army by staying in ROTC my last 2 years of college and becoming an officer. It was a hard decision to make. I was getting tired of going to summer camp at Fort Jackson and Fort Bragg getting bitten by ticks and sweating in the NC sun while my friends were having fun in Myrtle Beach. I needed guidance. My guidance came from Sen. Bob Dole who was campaigning for President in Florence, SC. Here was a man who wore his battle scars with humility and honor while campaigning to be President. He earned my salute and my desire to be like him. Saturday night, I was honored to introduce Bob Dole as the keynote speaker of the Brunswick County Republican Party's Lincoln Day dinner to over 200 people in attendance.


Part of Bob Dole's message was to remind people the urgent need for Republicans to take back the Congress of the United States. If either Obama or Clinton become President we will see the most liberal agenda this country has ever seen and Republicans in the Congress are the only chance of stopping it. Our race is one of 48 in the country in districts that votes Republican for President and Senate, but for some reason elect a Democrat to Congress. I reminded the crowd of McIntyre's flip flopping on his previous positions, that he may have been conservative once but now it seems McIntyre's motto is: "Ask not how I can represent my district, but what I can do for Nancy Pelosi."

McIntyre has also continued a troubling campaign of presenting checks through out the district representing taxpayers’ money, some from pork barrel earmarks or by his taking credit for money, like Homeland Security Grants or Department of Agriculture rural development loans our district would receive with or without his presence. I have promised to follow Sen. John McCain and Rep. Flake and not submit any earmarks. Any money I deliver to the district will be due to a bill or budget item that gets full debate and is voted on by Congress – no back room, dead of the night earmarks that McIntyre seems to love.

Thanks for your continued support (especially that check you just decided to send)!

Will

PS: We are having an important fundraising training session this Saturday, 1 March 2008 from 10am to 3pm. (Lunch will be provided) The address is:
3037 Boone Trail Ext # FFayetteville, NC 28304(910) 488-5522

Please attend this training to become a part of our vital fundraising team. You can do this from home once you complete our training or come to our phone bank in Fayetteville or later in the Wilmington area. We have to raise a large amount of money between now and the end of March and we are even offering a commission to our fundraisers. Please come to this training session even if you can only help one hour a week! A top fundraiser from Giuliani campaign is producing this session, it will be very informative!

No comments: